woensdag 19 december 2018

My relation with money


My understanding of money when I grew up, was that it was the most important thing to have, in order to survive. If I have the money, I can survive everything and can buy everything I might need or dream of. It seemed like it brings the world down to my feet.

I've never been rich, neither have I been poor, I nevertheless always had what I needed, and in some circumstances, even what I wanted, so I'm very grateful for all that and maybe that is already a definition of rich.

As soon as I started to work, a new relation with money would start. Needed to have as much as I can in order to be able to do great things that all costed money, some even a lot of money. Buying an apartment, a car, a motorbike, a house, holidays, clothes, all kinds of electronics...


The list was unlimited and it really felt like the more I had, the happier I would be. At the moment itself, it was always great when I had something new, on the longer term, it felt like the usual stuff. If everything new, feels always like the usual stuff on the longer term, I would of course be trapped in a vicious circle. A vicious circle of always wanting more and needing more money.


It's when I changed my food habits that some things became clear for me. In the world I live today, I will need money to survive, definitely, now maybe not as much as I pretend to believe. There is maybe also no link to my happiness and the stuff I possess like explained over here.

Today I live with way less than I used to live, charity support is a part of my monthly expenses, besides the house, great food and strictly necessities, I try to limit my expenses. What I found out is that today I live with way less, much happier than I used to live before.


Today my happiness is related to things that just happen to be there and cost no money. Mindfulness, minimalism... are all great things that contribute to that. With how I look at the world today, I've unfortunately to conclude that money broke more things than it fixed.

Now sometimes, I think, that we've to live both sides of the stories to understand. I don't think I can imagine how it is without money, if I always had it and still have it. So I’ve probably not much credit to speak on this. Now I'm really happy that I managed to step out of the vicious circle of wanting more possessions, needing more money to get these possessions and get back to a position of providing as well.

All grateful for the life I'm able to live and the signs it provides me.

If you aren't happy for what you already have, then what makes you think you will be happy with more.” ― Maddy Malhotra


#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #wholefood #freedom #newrelationwithmoney #charitysupport #strictlynecessities #limitexpenses #Mindfulness #minimalism #grateful #MaddyMalhotra

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten