maandag 8 mei 2017

What to eat outside home (when traveling) as raw food vegan!

I travel quite often, and going from normal modern food to vegan, was for me more difficult than to go to raw food vegan.


Mainly because for vegan, I look for prepared vegetarian food without eggs, cheese and milk, which is not so easy to find.





The happycow app helps well with that, now quite often I will have to talk to the chef of the restaurant to get my vegan food. I will for exemple, have to ask in a pizzeria if they make the pizza fresh and can add and remove ingredients in order to get the cheese for exemple removed. The same goes for homemade salads.


When I went raw food vegan, it was actually way easier to find it, I find raw food everywhere.


Fruits (in order to cover ⅔ of my day) can be found anywhere from local producers, local shops to supermarkets and the same is true for vegetables (in order to cover the other ⅓ of my day).


I might also find some nuts, dried fruits, raw bars… now I really see that as an extra and I'm not obsessed with it. If there aren't any, then be it like that. Overall, I have traveled never longer than 3 weeks, so I don't really mind having less variations to eat during that specific period.


If I  would really want to have almost same as at home, I might take some food with me or I might do a little research on site by speaking to local people or by doing some advance research on “raw food vegan city/country” in search engines or even easier via the happycow website or application via https://www.happycow.net/.


Here are some pictures to inspire of what I found in Europe, US, Asia…


The fruits (sure they are not always bio, organic...or of the best quality, now they still are fruits);






The vegetables (same here, sure they are not always bio, organic...or of the best quality, now they still are vegetables) without happycow;







The vegetables (same here, sure they are not always bio, organic...or of the best quality, now they still are vegetables) with happycow;









#vegan #rawfoodvegan #nature #worldwide #fruitsandvegetables #plants #happycow #travelling #vegantravel

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten