maandag 29 mei 2017

I’m starving all the time when eating raw food vegan!

That was my first thought when starting with raw food vegan. I realized pretty fast that I don't really know what starving is and that all the things I felt so far, were just my mind pretending that I'm hungry.

I was surprised to discover how much is just influenced by my mind and not a real need for my overall body. I quickly understood also how easy it is for marketing/lobbying to influence my mind and make these messages perceive as the only truth.


Personally today after all I’ve learned so far, I believe that my body needs water (majority of my body is water) and then a variety of whole foods depending on my activity.

In order to actually find out what is real starving and what is my mind saying;
  • Hey, it's morning, so I need to eat.
  • Hey, in the morning to wake up, I need coffee.
  • Hey, to have eaten enough, I need to feel very full in my stomach.
  • Hey, I will not make it between morning and noon, I need to eat something at 10h.
At all those occasions I have just slowly drunk still water and waited to see if the feeling continued or not. If it continued half an hour after 1 or 2 glasses of water, it might be real, if not it was clearly the mind in my case trying to make me feel something that was not a real need of food.



When I had done that exercise for quite some time, I was amazed with the discovery of the huge influence of my mind in everything and especially food. I realized also of how much I eat emotionally, instead of when I’m hungry.

Today, after having lost 10kg and regularly vaste for a few days, I know I have still not discovered what real starving is (I’m too lucky here in Belgium) and for me it's just a mental state. When the whole body is in need of energy, it is actually a complete different feeling then the hungry I used to know. The ‘hunger’ I used to know, is more a need that my mind has, emotionally quite often and which is expressed like that, now it has nothing to do with real ‘hunger’.


#vegan #rawfoodvegan #nature #themind #fruitsandvegetables #plants #mentalinfluence

#starving

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten