zondag 14 mei 2017

Do I have to be mentally strong to go raw food vegan?

During the transition I realized that so much (majority) is happening in my head, there that it should be a mix of something happening in my body and in my head.


My head and mind are great, I love them. They help me very well. Now I also found out that they are the easiest to be misleading as well.


Starting with the main question “why do I eat?”


My mind says, because it's the usual time of the day to eat, because it looks and smells tasty, because fear that if I don't eat I’ll die, because I've to socially do like anyone else in a restaurant…


My overall body expresses more that I'm supposed to eat to get energy when I need it…




If so, what provides me the overall best energy balance?
Meaning what food contains the most energy and consumes the less energy to digest so that overall my body gets the maximum out of it.


The best for me to find this out, was to test and compare to each other.


If I eat a normal pizza, a vegan pizza without cheese, a raw pizza or just vegetables that I liked on the pizza, it felt to me so obvious what had for my body the best energy balance.
This quite fast resulted in me not really missing any of the previous food I used to eat, mainly because they might have contained more energy, now they require 3x times the energy to digest leaving me with a bad energy balance and quite fast not of interest for me anymore.





So I don't find it mentally strong, I find it more a conscious way of getting the best energy to my body. I love my body too much, in order to maltreat it like I did before, especially now that I know there is better for me!


A little side note on this subject, what I hear quite often is “I could never give up cheese…”.


About that I found the following text (I unfortunately lost the source of it, so if somebody knows, let me know so I can give them the credit of it);


Cheese does actually contain traces of morphine (hypothesized to soothe a calf).  Casomorphins (which have an effect similar to opiates) are produced when the body digests casein, a milk protein.  Cheese is higher in casomorphins than milk because cheese is denser and thus more concentrated. There are alternative ways to obtain calcium that are lower in fat and calories than cheese such as spinach, kale, beans, and calcium fortified grains.


I personally do remember cheese being delicious, now there are many great tasting vegan cheese alternatives. I rarely eat them though, since like I mentioned before, it’s all in my mind not my overall body that is asking for that!


Overall for me it is a lifestyle of just feeling great and doing the best I can for myself, to me nothing to do with mentally strong or not. Just self respect and self care which I guess everybody has for itself!



#vegan #rawfoodvegan #nature #worldwide #fruitsandvegetables #plants #respectyourbody #giveupcheesevegan #mentallystrong

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten