donderdag 2 november 2017

Best restaurant in the world!

I’ve been travelling a lot around the world from France, Spain, Italy, UK… to New York, Los Angeles, Washington, Portland, Canada...to even Tokyo!



I’ve been to restaurant in all different kinds and flavors in those places.


Personally for me, an excellent restaurant experience is a whole package.


It starts with how easy can I reserve, location, the place itself, decoration, atmosphere, the staff, other people in the restaurant...and of course the food!


With my changed food habits, I of course started to explore restaurants proposing that kind of food and quite often having exceptional experiences.



Now if there is one that sticks with head and shoulders out of all the others, it’s ‘Eten vol leven’ in Antwerpen.


Probably the reason, why they say, that I have to appreciate what is in front (or close) of me. Since quite often I’m searching all over the world, to not see, that what I’m looking for is just in front (or close) of me.


After I discovered it, I made having lunch in ‘Eten vol leven’ a one day event in Antwerpen and found it so exceptional.
It had it all, it was a great place, the staff has been very present (always open for a talk, as well as leaving me in peace enjoying the taste at some other moments), every dish was freshly prepared over and over again with a lot of passion and love. They are for me among the best raw chefs I know and have been truly inspiring to me.


When I have found such a wonderful place, I personally imagine that it will be a booming place to be and it never came to my mind or imagine that such a place is stopping their activities.
It was then quite a shock to hear from the owner that he will close down the place and that it is time for something new. So I was like, it had it all, what’s wrong?
Of course I understand and respect the decision, now from the other side, I felt very emotionally touched by that. To my eyes, people that setting all their love and passion in it, creating such a great place and then changing direction was like not compatible.
Over time when going back to other restaurants over the world, I realized that some others stopped activities as well.


Since I find the ‘raw living food experience’ one that everybody should at least have a chance to experience, I became a member of the ‘Tables Végétales’.
In which we try to propose a ‘raw living food experience’ 4 times a year, for everybody possible to join us and next one is on 24 November 2017 (contact me if you wish more information).
Through this experience, we see the challenges that amazing restaurants like ‘Eten vol leven’ had to go true, and I have to say that the appreciation is only increased by it.


Now why do these amazing ‘raw living food’ restaurant stop activities?
My personal view, based on what I’ve learned on the subject.
The first one, for the moment only very limited amount of the people are looking for great ‘raw living food’.
The second one, when I make ‘raw living food’, I’m extremely conscious about my ingredients and the quality of it. Which makes it food difficult to conserve over longer time and very expensive to make. So I end up with expensive food, which only an even more limited amount of people is appreciating and ready to pay for.
The third one, these extremely motivated people that are ready and appreciate to pay for ‘expensive’ raw living food with amazing ingredients, love to cook for their own as well. So they don’t go every week or month to a restaurant.
So these 3 points result in my personal opinion that the target audience for such a restaurant is becoming so selected, that it is very difficult to succeed in it with great excellent results.
For those who still see it as an opportunity, out of my research, I learned that success increases very high if also alcohol drinks are proposed in the restaurant, and if I can make it a fancy place with great tasty food, without talking about ‘raw living food’ or 'vegan' or... that might contribute to the success as well.
Now if some want to experience; ‘raw living food’ you of course still can, via;
Tables Végétalesor via all the excellent workshops or experiences like;
...
#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #wholefood #etenvolleven #julieslifestyle #rawlivingfood #rawfood

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten