zondag 5 maart 2017

I don’t like the vegan label for me!

When it comes to food, instead of saying I just eat fruits and vegetables, I often use the term, raw food vegan.
Basically because it is how what I eat is best described.


Now I find vegan such a statement, such an etiquette and not always in line with my thinking. Although I try to think about it for every purchase I do, I realize that I get trapped quite often.


A good definition of it can be found on The Vegan Society (https://www.vegansociety.com) website;


Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose.


From 'junk food vegans' to raw food vegans, and everything in between, there's a version of veganism to suit everyone. Yet one thing we all have in common is a plant-based diet avoiding all animal foods such as meat (including fish, shellfish and insects), dairy, eggs and honey - as well as products like leather and any tested on animals.




My personal intake was mainly to feel better, healthier and way more connected with myself than I was. Raw food had a big contribution in that.


Via the raw food, I felt much in sync with everything that was about nature, about the vegan and that's how it’s linked to me and I started to use it.


Although on top of in my eyes the healthy side, I do everything I can to act like what vegan is all about, now instead of saying vegan (which I find so black/white, 0/1, you are in or you are not....), I would rather prefer to say it with the words of Iréne Grosjean (who was a true inspiration for me); “I’m engaged”!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - quote Theodore Roosevelt



#vegan #rawfoodvegan #nature #harmony #fruitsandvegetables #plants #Dowhatyoucanwithwhatyou havewhereyouare

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten