donderdag 9 maart 2017

Getting so skinny on raw food vegan diet!

A general note before starting, especially for this one, which is of course true for everything on my blog; “everybody is different, I can unfortunately only talk about my experience”.


A little recap, I was looking to feel better, more in sync with the nature, the real purpose of life and the raw fruit and vegetables had for myself a huge contribution to it!
My experience started with vegan (75% raw food fruit & vegetable) since beginning of 2014, 99% raw food fruit & vegetable vegan since beginning of 2016 and for me it is such an overwhelming great discovery.
Was the complete process so great since 2014? Not really…

At some point in the process I came across “fear” and had to learn about it rather than trying to ignore it like before.
The losing weight was probably the biggest “fear” to get over, in the complete process.





Where was that fear coming from?


Since 1996 I’ve been 1m85 tall, weigh around 80-81 kg and in 2013 that were still my numbers.
For me it was like my predefined biological weight, it’s in my genes, there is nothing I can do about it (of course I ate still +- the same as I used to eat in 1996).


I do quite some sports; basketball, running, swimming, snowboard… and at some point in 2014 while playing basketball, I received a signal that felt like a gentle stop, saying; “you are going over your current body limits”.


Having never felt that before, I was quite worried (“fear” again) and decided to go to a doctor in order to reassure me. We started with a blood test (which was enough for me to remove my “fear” in this stage) and it showed that it was better than ever.


The only thing that had changed, was my weight, I was at 72kg (even till 69kg in extreme detox). When explaining my changed life style to the doctor, all behaviours were more than normal. Now this has gone completely against my belief of my predefined biological weight. I have to admit that I needed some time to accept and believe that.


This opened my eyes so widely, that I started to look to the world with even less prejudgments than I had before. It felt like, wauw, really everything is possible.






I’ve never really eaten a lot of fat, that was like culturally known as not good for me. The sugar from the other side, I ate way too much of it without really knowing it. It was in drinks, bread, pasta… and when I removed all that, just keeping the sugar from fruits and the good fat (I believe) from vegetables, well I lost almost 10 kg.


This phase felt like a sort of cleaning phase looking back to it today.
For me after I realized, I get really skinny, feel bad, then it stabilized, and then I gain naturally again, stay at my same weight and feel awesome!
This process took for me 1-2 years, with ups and downs (some link to the duality of life?).


My food was thus, whole raw fruit and vegetables. Those I liked the most and as much as I wanted. Over time it felt more and more natural. I also feel more and more what I needed depending on the activity that I do.


When the raw food is processed in vitamix or so, I can indeed eat more (I’m pretty sure that can help to keep a certain mass if I would want that), now not sure my body really needs that and I don't have any natural feeling in that case anymore. So I limit it.


From Yogi Bhajan, I also read,”You are a human being. You are suppose to have simple food. Not food that is tasty but food that can be digested and come out of you in twenty-four hours.” Yogi Bhajan 9/9/1995.


Like I said, in this whole process, it is indeed frightening to be thin. Personally for me, especially because the outside pressure, comments that make you doubt and set you in fear.
Looking back to it, it’s so ridiculous that I’m afraid of remarks from people that eat processed, artificial, in a laboratory created food without any nutrition, are in most of the cases, overweight and can make you feel frightened about the whole food that you eat, which is coming directly from nature and used in the medicines… Of course everybody has the liberty to express himself and all respect to that.






When I was after all this, on the gain of weight, from my side, I felt that it is not necessarily the quantity that makes you gain again. After the 1-2 year’s process I had the feeling that my body adapts. If I eat a lot, my body is lazy in taking what it needs out, if I eat less, my body is working more selective to get the good things out. Resulting for me, that after the detox period, I didn’t have to eat that much to gain. I would say that I rather eat what feels good healthy for me in whole food fruit and vegetables.


Today, I eat:
  • 3-4 pieces in total, of maximum 3 different whole fruits in the morning (6h)
  • 4-5 pieces in total, of maximum 3 different whole fruits at noon
  • A handful of nuts somewhere during the day, at least 1h away from my 2 fruit meals above (sometimes processed in a house made dessert with the vitamix, together with typically dates)
  • A salad with every whole vegetable I like in the evening
  • Every 2 days also a raw soup if it is cold

If on top of all this you need some further reassuring during your tuff skinny time of what I call detox, I've personally been inspired by this 80+ year old lady, stayed 4 days at her premises and this movie is a summary of it, it's french, now with CC you can set English subs. It explains quite a lot of things about the raw food fruit vegetable life style:



#vegan #rawfoodvegan #nature #harmony #IréneGrosjean #fruitsandvegetables #plants #detox #feelgood

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten