woensdag 7 maart 2018

The speed of life!

As humans, we are trying to do always more in a given time, and therefore increasing the speed of life tremendously.




I’m really wondering, is that really the purpose?

Is this what I’m supposed to do, or am I part of a trap?


Is it normal that I;
  • Drive a car, listen to the radio and write a text on my smartphone?
  • Eat dinner, watch TV and play on the tablet at the same time?
  • Watch TV, eat chips and check out my emails on the laptop?
  • Run, listen to music and text on my smartphone at the same time?
  • ...
And every invention that is made in that direction, to do more at the same time, looks like the thing I’ve been waiting for and I need to have it.

When I do several things at the same time like the examples here above, time flies by. I cannot imagine how fast things go, from my point of view mainly because they go too fast for me.


When I want to see a place very well, I walk through it, make some pause from time to time and realize that is how I can get the best feeling of something. I visited Paris like that, arrived very early in the morning at ‘Gare du Nord’, walked 35 km to all places I wanted to see and returned in the evening at ‘Gare du Nord’. It was an amazing walk (I’ve to admit I was in very good company), we had some great contacts, great experiences and saw nice places. When I would have done this by car, taxi, metro...I would not have seen half I’ve seen now and it would not have gotten to me so profoundly as it had now.

I’m today in the believe that to some extend;

  • The car, is not meant to be invented for me as a human (although I like it and use it regularly), things go too fast, I cannot get them like if I was walking.
  • Movies, is another example not meant to be invented for me as a human (again, I like it very much and have seen amazing movies), things go too fast, I cannot get them like if I was reading a book.
  • ...
So personally I’m not so sure that as a species we are developing the things we should develop and that are good for us.


I believe that, that is really to do with the speed of life. In modern life I see that things are always trying to be done faster, more efficient...and I’m really not sure of all that is the direction we should go.

Burnout, stress handling, time management… are all things I see and of which I wonder, is all that really worth it?

What do I get in return of that speed?

I realize that it is quite often an illusion, I think that things will be better with that speed, I imagine that I can do more… now if I look objectively to these, I quite often realize that it has the opposite effect.


I take life at my mindful speed of time and I love it!

What do you think about your speed of life?

Great little clip on the subject by Tim Van Orden:


#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #wholefood #freedom #giveupfear #Mindfulness #mindfulspeedoftime #TimVanOrden #RunningRaw

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten