dinsdag 20 maart 2018

Concrete steps to change life!


Nice, now how do I do this change in life concretely?

One thing they have all in common, I have to start doing something!
If I don’t change or do something, nothing will change or happen…

What can I do?

For Food, Protecting the Planet, Meditation, Mindfulness, Yoga...


For Food:



Well, here are the things I’ve done step by step and in that order. Now please note that every person is different and the order might maybe have to be changed.

Note that just like I had explained here, some side effects might happen, it helped me very much look into this with a natural point of view and not with the scared of everything approach I had before.

Note that for the other changes in my live here below, I’ve tried them before I changed my food habits and they really meant nothing for me. It’s only when I changed my food habits, my senses developed, they made much more sense for me and I could really see the benefits of it.

For Meditation;



Like I explained here, it had huge benefits for me. To start with it, I would start by trying to be a dedicated time (maybe 10 minutes a day), just in a quiet place and being with myself without distractions. Try to feel the breath, follow it, feel what it does with the rest of my body.

If that doesn’t help, maybe to try a guided meditation in which I just follow the instructions. I just type for that on YouTube ‘Guided Meditation 10 minutes’. As I feel the benefits, I started to increase and extend on what worked for me.

For Mindfulness;



Like I explained here, this was another major change. To start with it, I went really back to the definition I have for it; ‘basically do one thing at a time and do it very consciously’. So I started with picking one thing and then extended.

This can be driving the car (without listening to the radio, just myself and the car in that experience), now it can be with any activity I do; listening, speaking, walking, running, feeling, driving, loving…

Try to pick out 1 thing and try to do that one, I liked what I felt and I extended the experience.

For Protecting the Planet;



Of course, for me all start with stop eating animal based products. Like Howard Lyman says ‘You can't call yourself an environmentalist and eat meat. Period’. If I don’t understand why he says this, a good start is to look the movie Cowspiracy;


Start with easy plant based food habits like described here, and I was wondering after a certain period what was making it difficult for me, since it really wasn’t difficult at all.

For Yoga;



Like I explained here, this was another great discovery. To start with it, I went to some courses in the neighborhood, which I can find almost everywhere these days and I came in contact with some great people that way. To make this work, I really had to be open for the possibilities and limitations that my body has.

For Minimalism;



Like I explained here, this made me feel much lighter and life much easier. To start with it, I made a cleaning, by getting rid of all my stuff, clothes… that I don't use or wear very often, and provide them to a charity where people can have better use of them.

This is a great act to start with, now in parallel, it is of course also important to address my future consumption level. Since if I buy new stuff for everything I gave away, I don’t really get to feel the benefits of minimalism.

So for every new purchase I do, I ask myself;
- Why do I buy this?
- What if I didn't buy it?
- Is it really necessary for me to survive?
- If it is not the first time, do I really need more of them?
- If I think that it will make me happy, will it really and for how long?
- Presume I have to buy it to survive, do I buy the most friendly one I know for the planet and the people that have contributed to it even if that is more expensive?
- ...

To question myself like that, reliefs quite often the marketing techniques used on me and helps me to work as well as I can to my globally known over consumption.


At the end, here are the benefits I’ve seen by applying those little things step by step.

I’m very grateful for this and there is definitely no way back for me!

Loved to hear which one you are trying out and the benefit they had on you?

#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #concretechange #changefood #Meditation #Mindfulness #ProtectingthePlanet #Yoga #SantoshaYoga #stepbystep #HowardLyman #Cowspiracy #easyplantbased #Minimalism #TheMinimalists

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten