donderdag 5 oktober 2017

Do I really like ‘change’?

I've since a young age never really minded to go against the mainstream, especially in the directions that felt personally better, more fun and more natural for me.


I wear clothes, shoes, caps… that only few would wear.
I had quite some different haircuts and even different colors. (I've to admit that I loved the early days of Shaun Palmer with his clown red colored haircut, when snowboarding was a lot about Terje Haakonsen, now that style was slightly out of my comfort zone.)
I'm quite attracted to tattoos, although that this has become pretty mainstream today.
I used to support teams and players that only few would support.
...


On the other side, I like things to be structured, planned and organized.


Maybe some little contradiction in here, having things planned out, when I go against the mainstream, is not really what I can expect!


One thing is sure, I have always been personally completely in line with my ‘against mainstream’ choices. Which of course makes it easier to live with if things don't go as planned.


What I want to highlight with this, is that when I changed my food habitudes (again, something against the mainstream, or can we already say that it is mainstream today, I hope it will be soon) all about my structured, planned and organized side was pretty heavily influenced as well.





Really in a very positive way, me being much more down to earth about these topics and having much more ease, acceptance, less resistance if things are not structured, planned and organized.


I'm really amazed by this natural evolution, since it makes me discover a tremendous amount of new things and makes me feel better and better. It’s crazy, since up till my changing food habits, I really thought that, that was the way I was, that I would never change and that it would only have the opposite effect, which it clearly wasn’t.


To come back to the title of the topic, do I like change?
I personally believe that as a human I naturally don't really like change, now over time, I realized that the little changes I appreciated, created the bigger changes I probably feared to take.


Progressively, step by step all on our journey we make great discoveries overcoming our own fears!


Peace


#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #fear #overcomefear #change #likechange

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten