woensdag 5 september 2018

My relation with alcohol !


Since my first contact with alcohol as a teenager, I’ve always seen the duality in it. The use of it can be extremely pleasurable, just like it can be extremely sad, the border between the 2, is sometimes very small and quite often uncontrollable.

I’ve never really liked beer, now I surely was all in as a teenager for the feeling and sensations it provided. Quite fast it translated into things like Porto and such, which were cheap and provided the sensation and feeling I was looking for pretty fast.


Today I realize that the sensation and feeling, is basically being myself, and speak openly and freely without barrier. And it definitely looks like that sort of freedom is one of the major attractions of alcohol for me.

I very well remember regularly with great friends playing what James Ford from the series ‘LOST’, called the ‘Sawyer Game’. A way he described as ‘of getting to know each other'. A player says 'I never' and then finishes the sentence with a statement about themselves. If any of the other players did do the described action, then they must drink. However, this also includes the questioner, so one must weigh up whether to ask a very insightful and personal question against the fact that they might also have to drink. Players switch the role of questioner between them.


I liked these conversations very much, they were pure, honest, without a barrier, non judgmental and quite often very funny. I understood why people might quite fast get addicted to alcohol.

With my food changing habits, one of the effects I started to have, is that I felt much more aligned with my inner self. By that, I mean that, I became very acceptable in how I am, how I feel and what I think. I’m very open about everything and have really no shame for anything however. So today, thanks to the food I eat, I can really feel the freedom that I typically used to have after a few glasses of alcohol.


It was really an amazing discovery. I still from time to time drink a glass of wine for the tasting or social experience, now if I don’t get it, I’m fine as well and it doesn’t change anything for the moment at all.

The discovery for myself is that, I can today have conversations that are pure, honest, without a barrier, non judgmental and still often very funny, without having to drink alcohol for that.

I really enjoy every second of my life and not only the moments when I used to drink alcohol like quite often was the case before.


I also clearly feel that alcohol is like one of the worst products, I can have my body try to handle when I drink it.

I clearly am not attracted to it anymore, drink occasionally (maybe once a month) a glass of wine, enjoy it for the 100% and don’t require anything else from it.

Again a great discovery via food, how to feel amazing all the time without needing drugs for it!


#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #wholefood #freedom #feelgreatallthetime #nodrugs

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten