woensdag 4 april 2018

Weekend (2 day) vegan trip to Berlin


In this post, I’ll describe my 2 day vegan trip to Berlin.

I arrived on Friday evening, had a shopping day on Saturday (which can be read here), had a visiting day on Sunday and flew back early morning on Monday.

The to cover distance showed to be too much on Saturday and Sunday to walk, so I decided to use the public transportation to move around.

I bought at the reception in my hotel a ticket called ‘Berlin WelcomeCard’, which was for 2 days @ 19,90€ and valid on all transportation in the AB zone (I mainly used U & S lines - it is very similar to London public transportation, now I found it slightly more complex).


At the reception, I also took the city map, like you can see on the pictures here below and that allowed me to get around.



The first time I use the ‘Berlin WelcomeCard’, I had to stamp it in the machine like on the picture, now you can find the stamp machine inside the Metro, Tram, Bus… as well. This validates the ticket and is the start of, for me, 48-hours.


The stations of the public transportation, have all their own styles, which is really providing a nice touch of personality to it.




After the shopping on Saturday, on Sunday, I decided more to visit the city, since quite a lot of shops tend to be closed on Sunday. It surprised me for a big city like Berlin, of course people have at some point to rest and it was Easter as well.

The breakfast in the hotel wasn’t really great, so I decided to skip that and have brunch at Kopps, for which I went off at ‘Weinmeisterstr.’ station.

I did not take a reservation and was lucky to have a spot, now best here is to reserve in advance.


Review:
https://www.happycow.net/reviews/kopps-berlin-28313

This was a great way to start the day, now, I had tendencies, since it is a buffet, of eating way too much.

From the restaurant I walked to the Neue Synagoge Berlin (Oranienburger Str. 28-30, 10117 Berlin, Germany)


Postfuhramt (Oranienburger Str. 35, 10117 Berlin, Germany)


Bode Museum (Am Kupfergraben, 10117 Berlin, Germany)


Altes Museum (Bodestraße 1-3, 10178 Berlin, Germany)


Dom van Berlijn (Am Lustgarten, 10178 Berlin, Germany)


St. Marienkirche (Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 8, 10178 Berlin, Germany)


Fernsehturm (Panoramastraße 1A, 10178 Berlin, Germany)


At ‘Alexanderplatz’ Station I went to the public transport and went off at 'Mierendorffplatz' Station.

Here I visited the Slot Charlottenburg (Spandauer Damm 20-24, 14059 Berlin, Germany) which was not bad, now it was quite a trip to get there, for what it is.




Afterwards, I walked the road in front of the Slot Charlottenburg towards 'Sophie-Charlotte-Platz' station.



I went off at 'Berlin Hauptbahnhof' station, since the weather was not very nice. It was actually snowing, otherwise I would have gotten off earlier at 'Hansaplatz' station and walk via Siegessäule (Großer Stern, 10557 Berlin, Germany).

From 'Berlin Hauptbahnhof' station I walked till


Bundeskanzleramt (Willy-Brandt-Straße 1, 10557 Berlin, Germany)


Reichstag (Platz der Republik 1, 11011 Berlin, Germany)


Soviet War Memorial Tiergarten (Str. des 17. Juni 4, 10557 Berlin, Germany)


Brandenburg Gate (Pariser Platz, 10117 Berlin, Germany)



Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe (Cora-Berliner-Straße 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany)



Vegan restaurant sign in the middle of the city!


Potsdamer Platz (Potsdamer Platz, 10785 Berlin, Germany)


Mall of Berlin (Potsdamer Platz, 10785 Berlin, Germany)


I took the public transport at 'Potsdamer Platz' station and went off at 'Eberswalder Straße' station to have dinner at Rawtastic.


Rawtastic.


Review:
https://www.happycow.net/reviews/rawtastic-berlin-63601

I don't know if it was because I had eaten too much at Kopps, now the food at Rawtastic was really heavy for me and I had a very hard time digesting it, of which normally a raw experience should be the opposite.


It was overall a great experience and I would say that Berlin is a nice city, especially for all the vegan food around!

There is some nice street art around, and make sure to check out my post ‘The East Side gallery - street art’.


I was a bit surprised to see all kinds of graffiti and spray can tags on every building. I did like the legal street art like on the ‘wall’, now to have it illegal on even private buildings, as well as shops (you can very well see it in the pictures I took from the shops here below) provided me a strange feeling and was disappointing.




Of course the fact that on Saturday it was close to 0°C and raining, and Sunday it actually was snowing, probably did not help in my judgment.


As a summary, it was a great trip (the company I was with, helped a lot in this of course), nice place and amazing vegan food all around!


#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #vegan #veganberlin #vegantrip #Kopps #NeueSynagogeBerlin #BodeMuseum #AltesMuseum #DomvanBerlijn #Fernsehturm #SlotCharlottenburg #Siegessäule #Reichstag #SovietWarMemorialTiergarten #BrandenburgGate #MemorialtotheMurderedJewsofEurope #PotsdamerPlatz #Rawtastic #TheEastSidegallery #MallofBerlin

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten