woensdag 18 april 2018

I sport a lot and don’t lose weight, why?

For 35 years I believed that if I wanted to lose weight, I had to sport.

That's what I had been told, it should be a linear curve, the more I sport, the more weight I’ll lose.


Since my 16 years till my 35 years I used to weight around 80 kg.

I could feel some fat around my body and wasn’t feeling very well in general.

By doing a lot of sport (almost every day, running, swimming, fitness…) in that period I used to go till 78 kg, best of the best 77 kg, creating some frustration that I could not lose more, made me also go till 83 kg, worst of the worst 84 kg.

When during this sport activity I used to get injured, I would even be more frustrate since I gain my weight again and will have to start all over.

Till my 35 years I really believed that the 80 kg was my weight, there is nothing I can do about that and will always weight that, it was like my predefined biological weight, it’s in my genes.

The only thing that had probably not changed during that period, was the way I eat.

When in 2014 I changed my food habits, I after some time realized that my weight at changed, I was at 72kg (basically get rid of a lot of rubbish that I used to carry in my body, even till 69kg in extreme detox). When explaining my changed life style to the doctor, all behaviours were more than normal. Now this has gone completely against my belief of my predefined biological weight. I have to admit that I needed some time to accept and believe that.


Today I know that, I will always weight the same, if I always eat the same, nevertheless of how much activity I do. The activity made me fitter, more dynamic, more muscles… now never made me really lose weight. Today of the food that makes me overall feel good based on whole food, fruits and vegetables, what is nice, is that I can eat as much as I want, don't feel bad afterwards and don’t gain any weight. On top of that, since the emotionally overeating I'm doing is too much for my body, it doesn't really absorb it, I feel that I'm not really hungry, I clearly understand the emotional side of it and can in parallel address the root cause of it via different techniques I discovered via this new eat lifestyle as well.


Since my weight is what I guess today my ideal natural weight, I’ve also way less injuries or problems of overload that I used to have before.

Today I clearly understand that I lose weight in the kitchen and get fit via practicing sport.

If I eat what I’ve always eaten, I’ll weight, what I’ve always weighted. The change is in my hands!

#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #wholefood #loseweight #running #swimming #fitness #getoverfrustration #changedfoodhabits #detox #neweatlifestyle #lessinjuries #loseweightinthekitchen #getfitviapracticingsport

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten