woensdag 11 april 2018

Hello Clarice, are you afraid ?


For those who have seen the movie, probably know what I talk about in the title and might already have a fear of reading it. 
Some who have never seen the movie and have no clue, might probably look into it like, what is that all about in that old movie?


I really underestimated the power that fear had on my life.

Regularly I realize today, that sometimes I hear that people don’t want have anything to do with food change, because of the fear of the unknown for themselves. I was at such a moment's, very grateful that at least in that direction I made the changes step by step and that fear was not able to take over for me.


By looking back to things today, I realize that fear is almost involved in everything.

From fear of being;
  • Abandoned.
  • Not part of a group.
  • Not loved.
  • Without friends.
  • Not like others.
  • Not seen as I’m.
  • ...
All things that at some part or another, played a big importance in my life.

I had the feeling that our normal society is really focusing on all these fears, exaggerating them, having me only feeling worse and being completely eye blinded by that, not seeing anything else anymore.


What I realized, is that the less I know, the better I feel.

A bit like with the title here, that might create some feeling because I know.

Since the year 2000, so for more than 18 years now, I haven’t watched any regular TV anymore. When in 2014 I changed my food habits, I stopped listening to the regular radio as well, and unsubscribed me from any kind of newsletters that I found had no real contribution, to me, living a lovely life.

I have to admit that I’ve since then lived in a way better life than I used to before, which makes me conclude, that the less I know, the better I feel.


Typical conversation arising out of this;

Yeah, now I need to know things to not be completely asocial, right?
[me] What things?

Well the actual things, like saying in the news.
[me] These subjects on which we speak like we are experts from what we heard on the news? And which everybody heard exactly the same and has the same conclusions?

Well, yeah it keeps me talking right.
[me] If I would talk about those subjects, I would be much more interesting on understanding how I felt when I heard that news? What was my reaction? What was my inner feeling and why do I think that is? What did I do to get over it if I’m already? These conversations I can have with everybody, without having heard the news myself.

...

Sometimes I hear that, I know, so I can avoid and thus I have less fear.

Now when listening to the subject, I see that with my knowledge, I can quite often not change anything about the situation. It is just that before arriving to that situation, I was less stressed, had no fear, since I imagined, I had everything under control.


What I want to highlight here, is that there is definitely some interesting information to get out there from each other.

  • How to get over a difficult situation?
  • What helps, if I’m stressed out for something?
  • What can I do when I feel anxious?
  • How do I feel for the moment?
  • How is my ego having an influence on me?
  • ...
Quite often great subjects to talk about, that really help in life and not having me feeling alone with that feeling.

I personally think, women talk faster about all that, as being a man, I realize there are only a little few I can talk about all that very openly, without being judged, just seen as who I am.
Why aren’t we talking about these great subjects that would help us in life, because I’m afraid, fear is all in there. So if I talk about the news, or things I heard, there is nothing I have to be afraid of, in the worst case I say that I understood wrong…

What I realised with fear, is that fear is there to protect us in the 0,001% that we will really need it in our life. Now with modern life as I grow up in, I realize that, that has been inverted, that since we don’t come often across the 0,001%, and for those who do, it is quite often too late. What I do in modern life, is think that, if I can be aware of the 99,999%, I will escape the 0,001%. So I worry about all kinds of things, create tons of fear, ending up having not really lived and in any case not escape the 0,001%.


I loved the quote here below on that subject,

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived." - The Dalai Lama


Let the fear go, let it only help me when I really need it and let’s have lovely open non judgmental conversations!


#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #wholefood #freedom #giveupfear #helloclarice #letgofear #communication #DalaiLama #Letfeargo

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten