dinsdag 14 mei 2019

HELP, I invited the same vegan, AGAIN!



As can be read in my first post here, it's quite easy to cook for a vegan.

Our culture quite often predicts, after my invitation, that I will be invited, so everything goes well.

Then comes the moment that I invite again, oh no, not yet, HELP!

I can't make another couscous, can I?

No, it shouldn't be like the couscous mentioned in the first article.

Let's take a look at Italian cuisine and make spaghetti, pizza or ravioli this time!



Spaghetti:

The sauce is very similar to couscous.

I would take the same ingredients, just add:

1 more bottle of peeled tomatoes and to make it more like spaghetti


Tofu or seitan (to fry in the pan with some spices)


Some lentils (can also buy it bulk, rinse before cooking, cook for 10 minutes in water and then rinse again before adding them to the sauce).



Personally, I don't like vegetables (over)cooked, so instead of 2 hours for couscous, I just heat them up and boil them for 5-10 minutes, certainly no more.

For pasta, the ideal solution is to use courgettes for this purpose with a spinner.


I can eat them raw, or put them in an ovenproof dish, in olive oil, pepper, cover them with foil and put them in the oven for 20 minutes at 200°C.

Of course, I can still buy more traditional pasta, so I opt for the milk and eggs free option such as spelt, rice… and follow the instructions on the package to get them aldente.




Pizza:

Pizza is an easy one, very similar then when going to the Pizzeria (restaurant). Of course, always make sure they prepare them fresh, if it's a frozen pre-prepared pizza, it's not easy to remove the cheese. Otherwise, just ask for the vegetarian pizza, which most large pizzeria’s have on the menu and ask to have it without cheese (so often without mozzarella). Normally in the dough there is no milk or eggs, now I can always ask to be sure.

That's right, vegan pizza!

Of course, I can also buy it in the organic shop, which is easily available at Biostory in Jodoigne.


I can also create it myself by buying or creating the dough


adding tomato sauce and all the vegetables I want or like to eat.

In my case, onions, mushrooms, peppers, peppers, peppers, peppers, olives.....


Ravioli:

Ready to buy in the local organic shop!


In general I can even add some vegan cheese, available in the local organic shop.



Bon appetit!


#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #wholefood #freedom #giveupfear #helpinvitedvegan #cookforavegan #vegancouscous #biostory #jodoigne #veganitaliancuisine #veganspaghetti #veganpizza #bonappetit

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten