vrijdag 2 juni 2017

Sport, muscles, ego and raw food vegan!

I love sport!


Running, swimming, snowboarding… to get a deeper connection with myself and have that great feeling after a workout.

Basketball, football.... to get that super feeling of working with others and having that great moment of fun together.

Since I started with raw food vegan, I haven't done less sports. I rather increased the sport activity I did, took more pleasure, got less injuries and felt way better my body in what it was capable and what not.

That all looks great, weren't there any negative effects then?

Oh yes, one that I have been puzzled with for quite some time. From one side, I gained very heavy in endurance with almost no injuries, on the other side, I lost quite some pure muscle strength.

So concretely, I can run and jump more than before, now probably not so fast anymore and definitely not jump so high anymore.


In basketball I was still able to dunk before going raw food vegan and today I can just touch the ring (overtime, today 2+ years, I even realize the muscles are slowly coming back, I can unfortunately today not say yet till which level they will come back).

Did this bother me, oh yes it did, now it made me discover the ego and the “why” I wanted that so badly. I realized that I maltreated my body quite heavily in the past just for my ego. Today I treat my body like the most precious thing I've and even though I don't dunk anymore, I still enjoy the sports like I have always done so before.




In my search for food and sport, my lovely wife offered me the book of Rich Roll, which was a great gift, where I discovered kale (which I love) and quite some other aspects of food and sport. More on Rich Roll in a next separate topic, since he learned me way more than just what’s in the book!

So as a summary, by accepting and understanding my ego in the sport side, I do more sport, enjoy it more and feel great since going raw food vegan!

#vegan #rawfoodvegan #nature #fruitsandvegetables #plants #vegansport

#veganathletes #richroll #findingultra

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten