woensdag 10 april 2019

Best salad ever - kale receipt!


For those who have read this blog, know that I can really enjoy a salad. I am a big fan of greens. When I was looking for vegetables that were suitable for me for the sport, usually get energy and of course good recovery, in the U.S., kale seemed very popular for that. I regularly had the opportunity to taste it in the U.S..

Here in Europe it was hard to find in the beginning (a few years ago). In Dutch it is 'boerenkool' and in French it is 'chou frisé'. While searching for it in the organic shops, I started to find them more and more. Everything about the law of attraction, I think.


I really like its strong taste and started to experience with it, in green juices, to make kale chips… and to eat them as a salad, it took me some time to find a receipt that suits me.

Here I share my top receipt, for a raw kale salad.

Try it, it's very easy!


First of all I have to buy my organic kale, mostly in local organic shops, I buy mine in Beauvechain at the local organic farmer = http://www.lepotagerdelise.be.

Often there are still some small animals such as aphids on it. I used to think that, the kale is no longer good because there are aphids on them. Actually I find out in nature that the opposite is true. If there is nothing on it, be careful, maybe there are some pesticides on it. Most of the instinct of animals, works much better than the instinct of humans, and they know what is good for them and what is not good for them. So on a vegetable full of pesticides, they won't go, on a vegetable full of energy, they will not hesitate to sit on it.

Cleaning kale takes a little time, now it's not complicated at all. Take 1 kale branch, remove the leaves you are going to eat and don't use the stem. The stem is very hard, has a very strong taste and I don't like it in the salad. So I don't use them in it and keep them for a juice (together with apples, ginger and cucumber for example). These stems can be kept for a few days in the fridge.






Put all the kale leaves in the sink, cover with cold water so that all the leaves are covered, add a little vinegar in the water and stir. Leave the kale in the water for a few minutes and stir regularly.




After 5-10 minutes, remove the leaves one by one (I always do a small visual inspection) and put them in a salad spinner to make them as dry as possible.







When they are dry, I put them in an air-free storage container. This container can be kept in the fridge for a few days (I don't do more than 3-4 days).




The day I want to eat my kale salad. I take the part I want out of the container, cut an avocado (or more if the part is larger, can be done on my own taste experience) and put it on top of the kale part. I add some pepper and then start massaging the kale, avocados and pepper together.
























For the amount of avocados and pepper, I have really experienced and found my own preferences.

As it is, I let the salad rest a bit, +-5 minutes minimum and then it's ready to eat.


On top of the kale/avocado salad, I often have some other vegetables, typical vegetable sprouts, cucumber, olives, onion, parsley, mushrooms, peppers, chickpeas, lentilles, quinoa....



Bon appetit!

If at some point you find a beautiful kale receipt that works for you, please share it with me, I'd love to hear about it!


#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #wholefood #freedom #giveupfear #bestsalad #kale #lovekale #kalereceipt #bigfanofgreens #goodrecovery #boerenkool #choufrisé #organicshop #lawofattraction #greenjuices #kalechips #rawkalesalad #lepotagerdelise #kaleavocadopepper

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten