donderdag 14 maart 2019

3 years, gone in just a few seconds!


When writing the title, I find it strange that as a human being I am so attracted by drama. Recognisable? The 'gone' really reminds me of the worst things, which they don't have to be necessarily. Don't worry, I will keep things positive. When I changed my eating habits in 2014, I really started to feel that my life is mine to live the way I want to live it.

Bob Moawad's quote really sounded with me, and summarized it perfectly; “The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.


I realised that there were many things, for which I no longer listened to myself due to external factors. What could others think? What will they say about me? I won't be taken seriously…

One of these things, was my haircut, I loved the long hair I had when I was a teenager. Since I started working, I've never really had the balls to overcome the prejudgments and get them back. Instead, I kept imagining, how I imagined people wanted me to be.

In May 2016, I decided I wanted to be all myself, feel that long hair again, so I decided to let it grow again. I like it, I love it, it's really me. In 2019, I realised that it was also beginning to complicate my life, and long hair is quite a job. Washing, drying, bonding... are daily obstacles that didn't bother me very much at first. As can be read on this blog, I live a lot of experiences and in there, the long hair was not really annoying, now it was definitely uncomfortable. The longer it got, the more discomfort it offered.


Especially during daily activities such as sleeping, meditation, yoga, sports, sitting in the car..... and recently also for the helmet while snowboarding or cycling. Indirectly it started to influence my activities, which gave me the feeling that the balance was no longer the same for me. For me it can't be that my hair determines my experiences. So I decided to cut the almost 3 years and offer them for a good cause: https://www.coupedeclat.be/offrez-vos-cheveux.


Another new time ahead with short hair!

What does it look like now, look closely at my LinkedIn profile, it has not even made the 3 year long hair period.

Life is full of changes, I go with the flow, try to do my best in every situation of my life, I love it and I am very grateful for it!


#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #wholefood #freedom #giveupfear #attractedbydrama #changedeatinghabits #2014 #BobMoawad #Thisisthedayyourlifereallybegins #lovelonghair #May2016 #experiences #cutthealmost3years #offerforagoodcause #coupedeclat #offrezvoscheveux #ThinkPink #shorthair #LinkedIn #Lifeisfullofchanges #gowiththeflow

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten