dinsdag 11 juni 2019

How to time travel?




Steven, kidding right?

I travel in time all the time.

The main activity of my mind is time travel.

I imagine what things could be like and remember the experiences I had.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, if I'm able to let go.

Letting go is important, it was something I couldn't really do in the first 35 years of my life.


Time travel to the past is great, it's great to remember the great moments in the past, whether they were positive or negative. It gets a little less interesting as that gets my point of reference and I bring that up all the time. It is also less interesting if it avoids me to experience the present moment, maybe something similar and different. I found here a big step forward, to acknowledge that, that happens. Acknowledgement is a beginning for many things.

Time travel to the future is great, it stimulates my imagination and sometimes lets me do things I couldn't have imagined. Of course, my imagination can also create the reference that I live up to. If that is the case, it can sometimes be very difficult to carry with me and the disappointment can also be very great if it doesn't work that way.


So today, thanks to a meditation practice, observing my time travel is very interesting. Instead of always going all the way as in the past, I observe it and see how it can help me. If it can be positive, I go on, if not, or if I'm not sure, then I just let it go and go to something else.


An example to clarify this, which I can imagine everyone has seen.

I'm ready to sleep in my bed and something pops up in my head.

It can be something I've lived (from the past), something I imagine (for the future) or often a mix of both, which means that I've been through something (a certain experience) that makes me imagine an act for the future.

Sometimes this kind of time travel, can make it impossible to sleep.

What I do, then, is observe it all.

Observe the experience of the past, what is a fact and acknowledge it, and I can't change it anyway.

Then I observe the imagination of the future, often strongly related to the experience of the past.

By observing it, it gives me a sense of calm. However, it often does not allow me to sleep yet.


I then look into my observations and try to connect them with myself.

Why do I think that way, why do I feel that way, what will change my reaction to the situation...?

Sometimes by doing that, everything is so clear, that I can let it go and that it doesn't need more attention on my part. Sleep well!

I sometimes said that there are times when it's just too strong. For those moments when people used to tell me, sleep over it. Yeah right, that's exactly why I can't sleep. What helped me in those cases, was to get up and write down everything that turns so hard in my head. About my future imagination (or sometimes even partly of what still bothers me from the past) and when I have done all that, it is easier for me to stop time travel, to say that everything is safe on paper, it will reappear when it has to come up again and I can easily concentrate on how tired I am and have a great liberated sleep.

I managed to get time travel to help and not destroy me like it used to.


#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #wholefood #freedom #giveupfear #timetravel #letgo #lettinggo #Acknowledgement #meditation #observing

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten