dinsdag 30 april 2019

Bring magic in life just by breathing!



Not so long ago, I paid a lot of attention to material. If someone had asked me 10 years ago, Steven, what is important in life? Chances were pretty good that my answers were; money, work, home, family, looking good and then that hellish cliché, good health that I can't control. Health is something I have to hope for and that a lot of people will have to wish me, otherwise it can get very bad.

Today I know better and I am very sorry that no one has explained or taught me that before. Maybe I didn't want to listen, or maybe it just wasn't the right time. When I learned all that, I wanted to spread that message, explain it to other people and soon came to the conclusion that there aren't that many people looking for these things. They prefer to stay within their comfort zone, complain and don't change anything. I fully understand, I have been like that.


I try to take control of my health, started to change the way I ate and pay attention to the fact that it had the highest nutritional level for my body. It's a great discovery, it feels good and I continue to discover every day in this direction. Nevertheless, I realized that in addition to food, water is also a very important factor in my life and the way I feel. And in addition of food and water, it is air that is probably the most essential need for health and life.

I must admit that I only became aware of my breathing very recently. Before when I started working in my early twenties, I realized that when the stress would be quite heavy in all kinds of life situations, when I would breathe deeply via my nose, in my belly and out again. This would make the situation more liveable and make me less stressed. I just breathe differently, that's all.


I was also used to understanding that by running, when I breathed, I was able to lower my heart rate even if I ran sometimes faster. So, just by changing the way I breathe, to a different pace of calm experience than my running steps, even if I ran faster, put more effort into it, breathed consciously, my heart rate decreased.

Although I have never gone further in this direction, I understood that it was something special. Then after changing the way I ate, I started to explore with yoga, meditation...all kinds of practices in which this breathing takes an important place. It is only very recently, by going to Dirk Janssen's (aka Boempatatman) Wim Hof workshop in Leuven and making some concrete experiences with breathing, that I start to use it more and more and to give it an important place in my life. I live my own experiences and see how they can be beneficial in my life.


In the continuation of everything, I have read Dan Brulé's book -'Just Breathe' which makes me understand that breathing in, is breathing life and energy and that breathing out, is letting go and calming down. The book really invites me to explore with these basic parameters, and that's basically what I started doing from there.

It has only been a short period until now, now it's really amazing! Mind blowing!


Today:
  • I start the morning with the Wim Hof breathing method, in bed with the windows wide open to get some fresh air in the room.
  • Move to conscious breathing, performing some general household tasks.
  • I move on to a session of vipassana yoga (and I sometimes try to alternate them with a practice of pranayama yoga as well).
  • A little meditation of gratitude with conscious breathing.
  • A cold shower, really ready for the day with conscious breathing.
  • Conscious breathing during the outdoor walk during lunch break.
  • Sports activity.
  • End-of-day meditation with conscious breathing.

Breathing has received a very important place in my life and I am very grateful for it.

What are your breathing practices and experiences, I would love to hear about them?


#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #wholefood #freedom #giveupfear #food #water #air #breathing #DirkJanssen #Boempatatman #WimHof #DanBrulé #JustBreathe #vipassanayoga #meditation #gratitude #consciousbreathing

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten