woensdag 23 januari 2019

The force of the ‘WHY’!


During the first 35 years of my life, I took a lot, if not all of the things, as granted. I would only very rarely set things in doubt and ask myself, is that really normal for me. Of course this has changed already quite heavily when raising children. Why do I have to eat? Why do I need to wash myself? Why do I have to get dressed… Are probably questions that all parents received.

When I then in 2014 changed my food habits, this ‘WHY’ came back. I understood that although these questions make more than sense when asked when we are kids, they are quite often answered with ‘because it is and shut up’. Resulting with the question of the ‘WHY’ being removed out of our society.


So I became way more careful when replying to questions that included the ‘WHY’. From one side because there is a reason behind that not everyone might know and from the other side what I know about it, might not be correct neither.

Since then I’ve always been very careful, patiently, explaining to my children the ‘WHY’ and have always included that, that is what I know so far, which is not necessarily the truth. Personally, I became a child again, and started to use pretty often in my own life again as well. I was not asking it to other people, I was asking it to myself.


And in all kinds of scenarios it made me realize how I behave as a robot copying what others did before. I started to realize that, that ‘WHY’ is very profound and very strong.

A little illustration, a day in the life of;

I get up, ‘WHY’, in case I’m still tired, the ‘WHY’ might really make sense and I might wonder.

I have breakfast, ‘WHY’, especially applicable, if I’m not hungry.

I go to work, ‘WHY’, if I don’t like my work I might dig deeper.

I eat lunch, ‘WHY’, especially, applicable if I’m not hungry.

I go home, ‘WHY’, hopefully I like to go home.

I eat dinner, ‘WHY’, especially, applicable if I’m not hungry.

I go to sleep, ‘WHY’, hopefully I’m tired.


All these ‘WHY’ questions opened me up to a very special view, into habits that I haven't a clue about that, that was the way I functioned.

I need new shoes’, ‘WHY’ - is it a need or want? If it is needed, is it because I have no other shoes to wear in those conditions? If I do, then it is more want isn’t it? Imagine that it is indeed want, ‘WHY’ do I want? I want, because everybody has these shoes and I love them as well. ‘WHY’ do I love them? Because everybody has them and want to be like them or I really find that these are the shoes that I will feel better with?

All these ‘WHY’ questions can really disclose interesting phenomena.


I found the application to my life, such an amazing discovery, that I really recommend people regularly do a ‘WHY’ discovery of their experience and be open to the things it unlocks.

Of course I can also clearly understand that people do not want to get confronted with the answer of the ‘WHY’ if that is the case, then just go on.

Find your own truth!

#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #wholefood #freedom #why #Findyourowntruth

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten