woensdag 21 februari 2018

The beauty of the artist!

I quite often hear from people that look TV, typically to programs like ‘Belgium’s got talent’, ‘The Voice’..., that there are some amazing talented artists out there. I’ve personally always some mixed feelings about that.

From one side, I’m happy they see the artist, from the other side, I find it a shame that we only see like a so tiny percentage of the artists that are potentially available. With all new technologies, I get so much triggers that the level for artists in order to get my attention is extremely high.



When I changed my food habits, started to practice yoga and mindfulness, my view on the world changed. It was like, I could more see the beauty and authenticity of every person way better. It looks also to me that in fact we unlearn the artist in all of us at school. I guess I’m not the only one that heard when being a kid, don’t go for art, I cannot live out of that.

So somehow I do think I’m not the only one that felt that all artistic impulsions had to be reduced or at least given less attention. Resulting in everybody coming from school with very developed skills to get in the capitalistic society. Only very little passionate ones would continue to develop their artistic side and come to amazing results.

What I want to say, is illustrated beautifully in the story here below (that I discovered in a book of Dr. Wayne W. Dyer) often narrated by Leo Buscaglia, an educator himself, and can also be found slightly altered in his book Living, Loving and Learning.

Once upon a time the animals decided they must do something heroic to meet the problems of a “new world” so they organized a school. They had adopted an activity curriculum consisting of running, climbing, swimming and flying. To make it easier to administer the curriculum, all the animals took all the subjects.

The duck was excellent in swimming. In fact, better than his instructor. But he made only passing grades in flying and was very poor in running. Since he was slow in running, he had to stay after school and also drop swimming in order to practice running. This was kept up until his webbed feet were badly worn and he was only average in swimming. But average was acceptable in school so nobody worried about that, except the duck.

The rabbit started at the top of the class in running but had a nervous breakdown because of so much makeup work in swimming.

The squirrel was excellent in climbing until he developed frustration in the flying class where his teacher made him start from the ground up instead of the treetop down. He also developed a “charlie horse” from overexertion and then got a C in climbing and D in running.

The eagle was a problem child and was disciplined severely. In the climbing class, he beat all the others to the top of the tree but insisted on using his own way to get there.

At the end of the year, an abnormal eel that could swim exceeding well and also run, climb and fly a little had the highest average and was valedictorian.

The prairie dogs stayed out of school and fought the tax levy because the administration would not add digging and burrowing to the curriculum. They apprenticed their children to a badger and later joined the groundhogs and gophers to start a successful private school.


I’m sure I’ve come across a lot of artists over time, now like saying, it is only not so long ago that I managed to really see the beauty in each artist. The passion, love, hard work, creativity, commitment… they set in their work is really something we should all be inspired by, I definitely was. Here is some great Belgium art that crossed my journey and where I’m so grateful for.


Nele, from nele.nu, which especially blow me away with the theatre acting and the creation of ‘Bitches’, which I had the pleasure to experience end of last year.




Bart Bijns, from Lobstar, a lot of people I know have been making music and I’ve always admired them all. Bart recorded some great music on YouTube and included some nice videos.

My preferred one, was if I remember well, his interpretation of “Mr Sandman” and made with that an amazing synchronized video of 4 versions (I nevertheless couldn’t find it anymore).



Martine Godard, from Compagnie Arts et Couleurs in her performance ‘Josette’ that I had to experience end of last year in the ‘Théâtre des 4 Mains’ in Beauvechain. The way she could entertain and tell a story for old and young, was truly amazing to me.

Interview can be seen here; http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5xkxmf


In the 3 examples here above, I really see the versatility of each of these artists, where they would bring in, every aspect related to their art, profound self and get out the best of them.

All this makes me realize that everybody has probably an artist in them, some will never find them (because they are not looking), some are on the discovery road and some are way ahead like Nele, Bart, Martine… Today I’m really happy they found (or probably never lost it) their beautiful artist in them already and made with their creations the world a better place to live!

Thank you!

#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #Belgiumgottalent #TheVoice #art #WayneDyer #LeoBuscaglia #nele.nu #Bitches #BartBijns #Lobstar #greatmusic #MrSandman #MartineGodard #ArtsetCouleurs #Josette #Théâtredes4 MainsBeauvechain

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten