dinsdag 8 januari 2019

Top 5 of dangerous distractions of the 21st century!


During an interview, the Dalai Lama was asked, what surprises him the most, his response was quite mind altering; “ ‘MAN’, Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”


Strong words to reflect on. Now, which direction are we heading and haven’t we completely lost track?

I strongly believe that a lot of answers that we seek, are within ourselves. It is, however the latest place that I’m looking at, to find them.

Why is that? In my point of view, all because of distractions. I’m so distracted in this modern world, that life flies by, that I’m occupied with all kinds of stuff, that I didn’t really realized, that I was living.


Here is an overview of the distractions that I found the most powerful in getting my attention completely shifted to something I probably was not looking for.

#1 for me, screens!


Whatever it is a TV, personal computer, tablet, phone… they get so heavily my attention that every time I watch to a screen, time flies and at the end, I might have liked what I’ve seen, it doesn’t serve me very truly. Whether it is movies, series… it satisfies my visual intake for some moment. How does it serve me on the longer term? If I look at it frequently, there does not have to be a long term, since the distraction for now ends, when a new distraction begins. Personally that is my definition of addiction and wanting to avoid the truth.


More info about screens over here; http://rawfoodveganlifechangingexperience.blogspot.com/2018/10/what-is-that-screen-addiction-all-about.html


#2 for me, food!


The number one reason of food, is to give me energy and make me live. As long as food fulfils that purpose in an excellent way, there is not really an issue. Now in this 21st century, food is also very often a comforting substance. Meaning that when I feel lonely, sad… food is quite often the substance to keep me going regardless from the state I find myself in. Not really by his nutrient level, more by his satisfying, pleasant level. The most famous in this category being chocolate. So, since the food keeps me going, although I’m not at all resolving my feelings, it can to me be seen as an ideal distraction of not getting where I have to go. Just keep eating.

My complete blog is about food, now more info about food as addiction over here; http://rawfoodveganlifechangingexperience.blogspot.com/2017/08/the-satisfied-feeling-of-food.html

#3 for me, alcohol and drugs!


Pretty heavy to set alcohol and drugs under the same category. Well, for me theoretically, they are similar. I quite fast like the stimuli, feel more disconnected than I can ever be and if I’m not careful they both can have a very addicted effect on me on the long term. Once flowing in the vibe it is very difficult to get out of it, since the stimuli received is mountain highs compared to normal stimuli in live (however I’ve started to discover some natural stimuli that I’ve never before experienced in life, now it required me of letting go of all the distractions).

More info about alcohol over here; http://rawfoodveganlifechangingexperience.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-relation-with-alcohol.html


#4 for me, work!


When I ask myself, why do I go working, the answer is quite often for me and my family to have money to survive. Just like people went hunting in the past. We are lucky today that we can choose more and more real jobs that are aligned with our own values and things we really like to do. The danger, of course, is when it starts to work as a distraction. If I want, I can work 24 hours / 7 days a week without any problem. It doesn’t require me to see what is really going on in my life and I can probably live my life like this. It’s a choice that everybody can make, the working as a distraction is for me personally the easy road.

More info about money over here; http://rawfoodveganlifechangingexperience.blogspot.com/2018/12/my-relation-with-money.html


#5 for me, blaming others!


Like I’ve said before, quote by ― Bob Moawad “The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.”

If I continue to set the fold of everything I live, on the shoulders of others, I can’t be more distracted from my real life than that. I reject every possible moment of growth by blaming others for the growth sign I receive.

More info about I’m unique over here; http://rawfoodveganlifechangingexperience.blogspot.com/2018/12/im-unique.html


I’m here not at all saying that these distractions are bad, I believe they are strongly part of our usual habits, that in some situations they really help to get over things temporarily.

I believe, however, that in the longer term, these distractions make me not really living my life.


They make me go on, they distracted me to go on unconsciously, they make me look in another direction that looks like so attractive. As long as that other direction is satisfying, I don’t see an issue. It is when I’m not satisfied anymore, that’s the way to get back on track might be hard depending on for how long I have been distracted.

So going back to the quote I started this post with about the Dalai Lama, it is of course each one’s choice to decide if they really want to live.

What’s your choice?


#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #wholefood #freedom #dangerousdistractions #DalaiLama #noscreens #foodaddiction #noalcohol #nodrugs #noblamingothers #BobMoawad #choice

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten