maandag 15 oktober 2018

Yin and Yang




I've always been very passionate by the yin and yang sign. I remember as a kid during my skateboard period, we used to draw that sign on pretty much everything. Back then, mainly because it was cool, I had no understanding at all on what it might probably mean.

The basics of men/women, day/night, sun/moon, black/white, dark/light, summer/winter, warm/cold, north/south, left/right, earth/sky... I understood the link, now not much further than that. It is only later on, when I changed my food habits that I realised all that at a deeper level and see that such a duality is in everything in life.


Duality of love/hate, happy/sad, pain/pleasure, rich/poor… were quite obvious when thinking about it. Today, I have more and more the feeling that I need to experience both to really understand one. If I only see one, as a human I don't realise the other.

With that, I mean, that if there would be love everywhere, we would not realise that it is love. It is because that hate exists, that we know what love really is.

Does this mean that there has to be evil in order for angels to exist?
A rather scary thought for me.
What I realised is that it is not necessary for the duality to be extremely separated from each other.


In these modern days, we are used to sometimes take artificial, unreal and unnatural sensations that are so strong, that it triggers so hard our nerve system, that we tend to get bored by all the rest.

Some extreme examples of this are, a parachute jump, driving 300km/h with a car or a motorbike, a dead experience in a video game... they all trigger us and make us less sensitive for the reality. If we would do some extreme meditation afterwards, the duality would probably be respected.
Like there is an old Zen quotation; 'everybody should at least meditate 20 minutes a day, unless you are extremely busy, then you should make it 1 hour.'.



Of course in my day to day life I have no time to take care of that duality and I live only what pleases me. Well then somewhere down the road I have to accept that nature tries to rectify that whether I like it or not.

In my discovery, I realised that there is a lot of natural pleasure that I ignored their existence. I had heard about them, now never experienced something getting close to it.


If I cannot feel the natural ones, I of course go and search for other ones more accessible. Because it is unfortunate, now in the modern life all these artificial, unreal and unnatural sensations are more accessible than the natural ones. The only thing you need to get them, is money. And so my life turns around making money, otherwise I will not be able to have these experiences anymore and I will not be able to live anymore.

I used to live like that, it didn't feel natural, now I had no clue what was wrong.

It is when I started to look after my nutrition, making it as much as possible whole food plant based, that I discovered a world I only imagined in dreams.


I feel, I taste, I love, I experience... all things in a natural duality and there is no need for money in that world, nature provides them for free.

When I discovered this, all the artificial, unreal and unnatural sensations I used to love and crave before, completely went out of disinterest for me and I got fascinated by the natural ones.

I live today very aware of the yin and yang and find easier a balance in my life.

I’m very grateful for that discovery and wish everyone can experience it!


#peace #goodfood #nature #fruitsandvegetables #wholefood #freedom #yinyang #menwomen #daynight #sunmoon #blackwhite #darklight #summerwinter #warmcold #northsouth #leftright #earthsky #Duality #lovehate #happysad #painpleasure #richpoor

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten